When you need a delicious, healthy meal that satisfies your taste bud, white chicken quinoa chili is the right meal you need. I will make this delicious meal with you now, but we need chicken breast, white beans, quinoa, salsa verde and of course, cauliflower crunchies to top it.
I can’t tell you how many times I have eaten chili beginning from the fall to the winter. I must confess, chili is one of the most satisfying, versatile and customizable meals. Don’t agree with me? No matter the way you want to eat your chili, you can customize any chili recipe to suit your favorite ingredients.
If kidney beans are not your thing, you can sub it with black beans and if you hate tomato based chili, replace tomatoes with broth. With chili, the options are endless. When we were trying a new chili recipe, we included all the chili essentials
- Assorted toppings
We will use chicken broth, white beans, quinoa and chicken for the protein, cumin and cilantro for spices, and Greek yogurt and cauliflower crunchies for topping to prepare this white chicken quinoa chili.
This recipe is comforting and even more delicious when you add Greek yogurt as a topping. You may need to step up your toppings and make these super simple cauliflower crunchies. Just buy a bag of cauliflower and make a whole batch of only crunchies as a topping for your chili. When you eat this, your life will never be the same again.
Whatever you want to top your chili with, it will be perfect for dinner, meal-prep for the week and whatever you want to use it for.
Recipe for white chicken quinoa chili
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Ingredients for the chili
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 oz. Salsa verde
- 2 medium chicken breast (~8 oz)
- 1 cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 15 oz. can white hominy (or corn)
- 15 oz. can white northern beans, drained
- ½ large white onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 32 oz. low sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
For the cauliflower crunchies
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place 2 tablespoons of l in a big pot. Add minced garlic and white onion. Then sautee for a minute and add chicken breast, beans (drained), salsa, hominy, chicken broth and quinoa.
- Bring it to a boil, uncovered. Allow to simmer and cover it for 30 minutes on low until chicken is done.
- Shred chicken and then return it back in. Add salt, fresh cilantro, lime juice and cumin. Mix again. If you feel the chili is too thick, add more water or chicken broth.
For the cauliflower crunchies
- Roast cauliflower at 4000F for ten minutes. Toss and cook for another five minutes.
Serving size: 1/6 recipe
Enjoy! It is time to sit back and enjoy the delicious white chicken quinoa. If you can’t finish everything at once, place in the fridge. But you will need to add water or broth to it when you are reheating the chili leftovers.
Don’t forget that this meal is delicious and healthy.
- Processed foods cause weight gain, but it is more than calories
- An unbelievable list of healthy fats to eat daily