Want to know how to achieve ketosis? We’ve been told times without number that the main source of energy for the body is sugar but there is another efficient source of energy a lot of people have not been exploring: ketone.
As more and more people learn about the benefits of keto diet foods, they are giving it a try because, with ketosis diet plan, you can consume fats and still lose weight.
You must now be wondering how you can eat fats and still lose weight. You are not the first to ask this question because all we’ve ever heard and read is that you can’t consume fats and lose weight. So what is ketosis?
What is Ketosis?
Ketosis is the process of using fat as the main source of energy instead of carbs. It means when the sugar is not available, the body will directly break down its fat store and convert it to energy. In fact, you may have even experienced a mild level of ketosis without knowing.
If you have ever skipped one or two meals, exercised for over an hour or didn’t eat many carbs during the day, you have initiated the process of ketosis without knowing.
However, most people have never experienced ketosis and its benefits because their body gets sugar from time to time.
How does ketosis works and how to achieve ketosis?
When you eat a ketosis diet, you lose weight. How? When you don’t have a sufficient level of glycogen and your glucose levels are also depleted, your blood sugar and insulin levels will decrease, and your body will start looking for an alternative source of fuel (fat).
Your body breaks down the fats and converts it to energy. When the body burns stored fat when there is no more carbs to burn, the acids called ketones are built within the body. By being in Ketosis or following a ketosis diet plan, you can force your body to rely on fat for energy, rather than carbs.
Benefits of keto diet foods (keto meal plan)
- Improved energy levels: Ketosis diet plan allows your body to enjoy consistent energy levels because the body taps into the fat store to source for energy.
- Weight loss: When your body makes use of fat as its source of energy, you lose weight without any hassle.
- Increased mental focus: Fat is always available in the body and it’s a more consistent source of energy which your brain needs. That means there will never be a shortage of energy and focus.
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Increased physical performance
- Decreased body fat
- Disease prevention: It has been shown that ketosis benefits diabetic and cancer patients, as well as decrease Alzheimer’s and inflammation.
Is keto diet foods plan good for me?
Whether you are looking to lose weight, increase focus, treat a medical condition or improve athletic performance, the ketosis diet plan is the best. It is good for anyone who is willing to live a healthy life. But before you start with a ketosis meal plan, set your goals and follow the right meal plan.