Looking for how to get pregnant fast naturally? Getting pregnant is simple for some couples. In fact, some couples seem to get pregnant simply by talking about it, while it takes time for some couples to get pregnant.
If you are hoping to get pregnant or conceive, you shouldn’t leave it to luck. You need to know how to get pregnant fast naturally. If you are looking for pregnancy tips, we’ve got you covered in this article.
Getting pregnant: how to predict ovulation
If you want to improve the odds of getting pregnant, it is important to understand the time you are ovulating – and have sex regularly 5 days before and on the day of ovulation.
Are you wondering about your ovulation day? Ovulation is the process in which a mature egg is released from the ovary. The ovulation period (6 days) is important because once the egg is released into the ovary, it is able to be fertilized for around 12 – 24 hours after it is released.
Also, under the right condition, sperm can live inside the female reproductive tract for 5 days after sexual intercourse. So you have the chances of getting pregnant faster when live sperm is in your fallopian tubes during ovulation. That is why you should have sex regularly for 5 days before and on the day of ovulation.
Typically, ovulation occurs around 14 days before the beginning of the next menstrual period in an average 28-day menstrual cycle. However, in most women, ovulation occurs in the 4 days before or after the menstrual cycle midpoint.
This is how to calculate your ovulation day if you have a regular cycle that occurs every 28-32 days. Record the first day of your last menstrual period on the calendar and find the corresponding next menstrual period day.
Once you do that, just count back 8-18 days and understand that ovulation will occur one of those days. With an average 28-day menstrual cycle, ovulation will occur between 11th and 21st cycle days. If it is a 29-day cycle, look out for between 12th and 22nd days. For the 30-day cycle, look out for between 13th and 23rd days, etc.
If you don’t have a perfect 28-day menstrual cycle like many women, you can determine the length and midpoint of your menstrual cycle by keeping a menstrual cycle calendar.
Aside from keeping a menstrual cycle calendar, you can also look for ovulation signs and symptoms such as:
1. Change in vaginal secretion
Before ovulation, you might notice that there is an increase in clear, stretchy and wet vaginal secretion. But after ovulation, cervical mucus will decrease and becomes cloudy, thicker and less noticeable.
2. Change in basal body temperature
Basal body temperature (the body temperature at rest) will slightly increase during ovulation. You can use a thermometer specifically made to measure basal body temperature to take your temperature every morning before you jump out of your bed. Record the temperature results and look for a pattern to emerge.
You will be more fertile during the 2-3 days before your temperature rises. You might also try an over-the-counter ovulation kit to test your urine for the surge in hormones that takes place before ovulation. This will help you to identify when you are likely to ovulate.
If the sperm is already inside waiting for the release of the egg, you have the best chances of conceiving faster naturally. If you want to get pregnant, this is what you need to do.
Count out 10 days from the first day of your last period. Have sex this day and every other day, for the next 10 days. This will make sperm stay inside waiting for the egg to be released. Once the egg is released, it will meet the sperm which will fertilize it immediately.
How to use ovulation predictor kits (OPK)
You can easily get ovulation predictor kits from chemists or get a quality one on Amazon here. The kits are easy to use and work by detecting a hormone in the urine that increases when ovulation is about to occur.
The kits are the simplest urine kits for luteinizing hormone (LH), which increases 24 to 36 hours before ovulation. This test will help you to easily identify the best 2 days for conception, although a female can be fertile a day or so before and after this time.
For the best results, it is important to be familiar with your usual menstrual cycle so that you can figure out the exact time to start testing. But if your menstrual cycle is not regular, the ovulation predictor kit can help identify the ovulation time. But you have to use it more.
How to maximize fertility
For how to get pregnant fast naturally, try the following pregnancy tips:
- Maintain normal weight: When a woman is overweight or underweight, there is a high risk of ovulation disorder. So if you are overweight, try to lose weight. And if you are underweight, try to add weight by consuming more calories than you expend. You can try healthy fats to eat to gain weight or lose weight.
- Have sex regularly: If you have sex every day or every other day, you have the highest chances of getting pregnant. You can try the following 17 sex styles to make sex blissful for you and your spouse. If you don’t enjoy sex, you can boost your libido easily.
- Have sex near the time of ovulation: If you don’t enjoy having sex every day, you can have sex every 2-3 days per week starting as soon as the end of your period. This will ensure you have sperm available in you to fertilize egg whenever it is released.
- Be aware of age-related fertility declines: fertility of women decreases as they get older because of age-related changes in the ovaries that cause a decline in quality and quantity of her eggs. Beginning from the 30s, there is a gradual fertility decline in women. The decline becomes sharper from age 37 and becomes steep after age 40.
What to avoid to maximize fertility
If you are really ready to conceive, try to avoid the following:
- Smoking: Tobacco has lots of negative effects on fertility, general health and the health of a fetus. If you love smoking, visit a health care provider to help you stop smoking before trying to conceive.
- Don’t drink alcohol: If you like to drink alcohol, you need to quit alcohol when you are ready to get pregnant because it might reduce your chances of getting pregnant.
- Curb caffeine: Drinking caffeine fewer than 200 milligrams a day will not affect your fertility, but you should not consume more than that a day. One to two glasses of 6-8 ounces of coffee a day is enough.
- Don’t overdo exercise: Although exercise is good for your health, research showed that strenuous, intense exercise more than 5 hours a week is associated with decreased ovulation.
Top pregnancy tips to get pregnant faster
Once you are ready to start a family, the last thing you want to do is wait to conceive. Are you ready to conceive? Here are the pregnancy tips to get pregnant faster:
1. Get a preconception checkup
Before you start trying to get pregnant, ask your doctor about prenatal vitamins with folic acid to help prevent birth defects like spina bifida.
2. Get to know your cycle
Just like explained above you need to get familiar with your menstrual cycle to know the appropriate time to have sex that can lead to pregnancy.
3. Go off your birth control pills
If you have been taking birth control pills since high school just to enjoy sex and prevent pregnancy, you need to stop taking them before you start trying to conceive. After you have been using birth control for some time, it may take time for your ovulation to be regular and primed for pregnancy.
That is why you should stop taking birth control pills or injections if you want to get pregnant soon. Once you stop it, you can conceive at any time.
4. Have sex before you ovulate
Just as explained above, try to have sex before you ovulate if you want to get pregnant.
5. Know the best time and position for sex
Lie on your back after sex. The vagina slopes downward, which is why you need to lie on your back after sex to allow the sperm to pool there. You may want to also keep your legs elevated, but it is not necessary. Lying down after sex should do.
Having sex before bed can also help you to lie on your back for long to allow sperm to swim down completely. However, it has been said that sperm count is highest in the morning. So if you have sex in the morning, try to lie on your back for about 5 or 10 minutes before jumping out of your bed.
While there is no best babymaking sex position, try to stick to the one where you will be on your back when the sex is over. You can check sex styles to satisfy your husband and get pregnant.
6. Sex session don’ts
- Don’t use a lubricant to move sperm quickly: Some people believe lubricants can help move sperm more quickly, but can actually sabotage your pregnancy effort. Most formulas may decrease sperm mobility and alter the pH balance in your vaginal.
- Worry if you don’t have an orgasm: Orgasm is the great perk of satisfying sex, but don’t count on it to get pregnant. Although there are speculations that orgasms boost conception by drawing more sperm into the uterus and vagina, their is a lack of scientific proof.
- Men should worry about wearing boxers: Temperature is one of the main cause of infertility in men because if the temperature in the testicles is warm, the production of sperm may be affected.
7. Get ready to test
The early you know you are pregnant, the earlier you can start prenatal care and make sure your drinking, eating and other habits are healthy. To get accurate pregnancy test results, wait for the day you expect your period.
There are several home pregnancy test that can help you detect you are pregnant. Test too early may likely yield what is known as “false negative” result – where the test says you are not pregnant when you are really are. So wait until around your menstrual cycle.
8. If the test is negative
Is your pregnancy test negative this month? Don’t get upset. Not all couples succeed trying to get pregnant the first time. Over half get pregnant by 6 months while others get pregnant by 12 or more months. Maybe you miscalculated your most fertile days and your husband’s sperm never had any chance of fertilizing your egg.
You can try to use OPK daily and try again next month.
The bottom line
With frequent unprotected sex, most couples that are healthy conceive within a year. Getting pregnant is easy for some couples why it takes time for some couples.
If you are younger than 35 years, you and your partners are in good health, try to get pregnant for a year before consulting a doctor. If you are older than 35, especially a female or you suspect fertility problems, you should see a doctor soon.
Infertility affects women and men, but treatment is available. If you have followed the pregnancy tips above and there is no result, try to see a specialist.