Looking for avocado recipes? You can add avocado to many recipes if you want to give your meal a nutritional boost. Only 1 ounce (28 grams) of avocado contains great amounts of healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
Currently, the world is talking about the health benefits of avocado. In the past, people think avocado is fattening and certain research actually demonized fats. Nowadays, things have changed because several studies have shown that healthy fats are good for our bodies.
If you are wondering how to eat an avocado, there are a lot more ways to eat avocados than just spreading it or using it as a toast. In fact, guacamole may not be the best way to eat avocados.
28 ways to eat an avocado
Here are the best ways to prepare avocado:
1. Avocado, fried egg, and rice
This meal is perfect for all occasions. It is easy and quick to make, with the most time-consuming part of its preparation being cooking the rice.
- Large eggs
- Tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Avocado – chopped
- Teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Hot sauce (for serving)
- Mix rice, vinegar, and scallions in a small bowl; season with pepper and salt
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat
- Put cracked eggs into the skillet; season with pepper and salt and cook for about 1 minute, until whites are set around the edges.
- Flip eggs and cook for about 30 seconds for a runny yolk, to your desired doneness
- Serve the rice into bowls and top with avocado, eggs, and hot sauce.
One simple way to enjoy avocado is to sprinkle it with pepper and salt. You can also season it with seasoning like balsamic vinegar, cayenne pepper, lemon juice or paprika.
To season avocado; cut it into chunks and drizzle with a little olive oil, pepper, salt, and balsamic vinegar.
3. Make a creamy salad dressing
One of the reasons why avocado is excellent is that it can add plant-based creaminess to just about any meal. For a creamy avocado salad dressing, put vinegar and oil in a blender. Add chopped avocado and blend everything until creamy. You can even add fresh herbs to it.
4. Avocado fries
You can easily make fries out of avocado slices. We’ve seen people make different foods into fries, but hardly can you see one from fruit family. But these avocado fries are extremely easy to make.
- 2 eggs
- Black pepper and salt
- 3 ripe (not overripe) avocados
- 1 ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- Cooking spray
- 4 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 4500 Set aside a baking sheet lined with foil and a wire rack on the sheet.
- Slice avocados lengthwise – precisely 20 to 22 slices from the three avocados.
- Set up 3 bowls in an “assembly line.” Put the ½ cup of flour in the first bowl and add a few grinds of black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Crack the eggs into the second bowl and beat lightly.
- Combine the melted butter and panko in the last bowl and mix with your finger to coat. Add onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and paprika, and stir to combine
- Dredge each avocado you sliced through the flower, and then the beaten egg. Coat it with panko thoroughly and place on the wire rack. Spray it lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes, until panko is lightly browned. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes and serve it with any dipping sauce you like.
5. Make chocolate mousse
Avocados are mild in flavor, making them an excellent plant-based creaminess based fruit. You can also use overripe avocados to make chocolate mousse.
This is how to make the avocado mousse: combine 1 very ripe avocado, 3 tablespoon honey, a pinch of salt and 6 semisweet ounces melted chocolate in a food processor until smooth. If you are looking for extra creamy, light fluffiness, whip some cream in the bowl and fold into the avocado and chocolate mixture.
Spoon into bowls and enjoy.
6. In scrambled eggs
Would you like to give your breakfast a twist? Add some avocados to your scrambled eggs. While your eggs are cooking in the pan, add diced avocado and make sure you add the avocado when your eggs are halfway done so that you don’t burn the avocado.
If you want your avocado to be less warm, add it to the eggs off the stove after the eggs are cooked. Remember to add some shredded cheese to it and season with pepper and salt to taste.
7. Avocado tacos
Avocado tacos go well with any circumstance. If you are yet to try it, this is the time to try it and see how delicious it is.
- 1 large red peppers, julienne
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 large green peppers, julienne
- 1 medium onion, julienne
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Pepper and salt
- 6 (8 inches) flour tortillas
- Mix all ingredients together, tomatoes through salt and pepper and refrigerate
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and lightly sauté onion, red pepper and green
- Slice avocados into 6. Warm tortillas in the oven and fill with salsa, avocado slices, onion, and peppers. Season with pepper and salt if you like. Fold tortillas and serve.
8. In guacamole
Mexicans love guacamole, as it is one of their famous dishes. You can make guacamole using herbs, avocado, and seasonings. In fact, you can add a twist to your guacamole by combining it with ingredients like quinoa, broccoli, corn, and pineapple.
9. Fill with crab meat
If you are looking for what to eat with avocado to make it special, fill avocado with crab salad or crab meat. This will also work with tuna salad or tuna. Top it all with olive oil, some flaky salt, and a little fresh lemon juice.
You can use it to make a crab salad. Here is what to do:
- 1 pound of cooked crab meat
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 radishes, finely diced
- ¼ cucumber, nicely diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ green bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- Two tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- Pepper and salt to taste
Mix the cooked crab meat with diced bell peppers, diced onion, lime juice, diced radish, diced cucumber, chopped cilantro, olive oil, and pepper/salt. You can prepare the salad in advance and keep it refrigerated until you are ready to assemble the avocados.
10. Use as a substitute for mayo
Avocados can be used instead of mayo in dishes where mayonnaise is used as a binder ingredient. For instance, avocado can be used to make chicken and tuna salads.
11. Avocado, cucumber and feta salad
When you are preparing this salad, you will love its preparation simplicity. The main work involved is to chop avocado and cucumber. But that shouldn’t be difficult either. Here is how to prepare the salad:
- Large avocados, seed removed and chopped
- Large seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh dill, finely chopped
- Black pepper and salt, to taste
- Combine avocado, cucumber, dill, feta and lemon juice in a large bowl
- Stir gently until combined. Season with black pepper and salt, to taste
12. Put avocado on your hot dogs
Have you ever tasted Sonoran Dog? Here is how to enjoy an avocado-laden hot dog. Grill a bacon-wrapped hot dog and toast some buns. Nestle the hot dogs in the buns and then top with avocado slices, pinto beans, Pico de gallon, and jalapenos.
If you think that is extremely decanted, it’s just started unfolding. Squirt some mayo on top and add crumbled potato chips and a garnish of fresh cilantro. You’d want to continue eating your hot dogs this way.
13. Avocado, brown rice and tuna
If you are an athlete or a bodybuilder, tuna is an excellent solid seafood choice for you. Of course, it is not only for bodybuilders and athletes; it is great for everyone else too.
Also, you will get fiber and other nutrients from brown rice and avocado. So you are sure of a delicious meal when you combine the three. In fact, you will fill up in no time and consume fewer calories. That means you can lose weight with this.
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ cup of brown rice
- ¼ teaspoon Fumi furikake
- Small tin of tuna in brine
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ¼ tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- An excellent shake of white pepper
- 1 avocado
- Wash the brown rice and strain into a cold saucepan. Add sesame oil, soy sauce, and 500ml cold water.
- Turn the heat up to maximum and place the pot on it to boil. Once it starts boiling, cover it with its lid and turn down the heat as low as you can. Allow simmering with the lid still on it for about 25 minutes.
- Drain the tuna and flake it
- After 25 minutes is up, drain it of any remaining liquid from the rice saucepan and put back the rice into the saucepan off the heat. Stir through the rice vinegar, white pepper, Fumi furikake, and flaked tuna then put the lid back on it and allow it to stay like that for 10 minutes so it can absorb all the flavors.
- While waiting for it to absorb flavors, peel and chop the avocado into small chunks and fry the eggs sunny side up.
- Serve it by scooping the rice into bowls and top with the eggs and cubed avocados.
14. Whirl avocado into hummus
Hummus is just a blank canvas, so you can paint with avocados. Blend lemon juice, chickpeas, olive oil and tahini in the food processor until you get the level of smoothness you like. Then add some diced avocados to it.
You can just stir and smash avocado in with a fork for a chunkier texture, or puree until it is smooth and incorporated into the hummus.
15. Mexican salad
With this healthy salad, you can never go wrong. You can easily pair this with just anything.
- 2 limes
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ sweet onion, sliced
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Half the avocado and separate the two halves to remove the pit and then scoop the avocado flesh with a spoon.
- Wedge your avocado and pile it in the center of a big platter. Seed and wedge the tomatoes and arrange them around the avocados. Spread the sliced onion over the platter and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Squeeze the juice of the two limes over the vegetable evenly and season with coarse salt. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.
16. Grilled cheese and avocado
If you love grilled cheese as I do, you would love it even more with avocado.
- 2 slices cheese
- 2 slices of favorite bread
- 1 teaspoon pesto sauce
- ½ of a ripe avocado, sliced
- Fresh baby spinach leaves
- Olive oil or coconut oil to spread onto the bread
- On medium heat, heat skillet
- Spread a thin layer of oil over the side of each slice of the bread and spread the pesto sauce onto each slice of the bread.
- Add slices of cheese to each slice of bread and top with avocado and spinach.
- Fold together to create a sandwich
- Put it in heated skillet and leave it there for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. If you like the sandwich pressed, place a heavy pan on top.
17. Avocado smoothie
Avocado smoothie is not only excellent for workout regimen, but also for health crazes. Let’s make a delicious avocado smoothie now.
- ½ cup spinach
- Half a ripe avocado pitted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ¾ cup milk or soy milk or almonds
- Combine avocado, honey, yogurt, and spinach into a blender
- Blend and slowly add in the milk until you reach desired consistency
18. Avocado salad and shrimp
If you ask me, I’d say this is one of my favorite salads because I love seafood.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 ½ cups sliced avocados (2 small)
- ½ pound raw shrimp, tails removed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- Peanut for topping
- Fresh chopped cilantro for topping
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon butter
- Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a small skillet. Add the shrimp and garlic; sprinkle with cayenne and chili powder directly in the pan. Sauté it for a few minutes on either side until the shrimp have a golden color on the outside.
- Divide the avocado into two and scoop the flesh out with a spoon. Peel the cucumber and dice it. Chop the spinach into small pieces. Then arrange the bowl with the shrimp.
- Puree all the dressing ingredients together in a food processor until it is smooth. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve. You can top with peanut and cilantro.
19. Avocado salsa and grilled salmon
Salmon is already delicious and nutritious, but adding avocado salsa will make it even special.
- Tablespoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
For the avocado salsa:
- 1 to 2 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Mix the chili powder, salt, black pepper, onion, paprika, and cumin together. Rub the salmon fillets with olive oil.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Pre-heat the grill
- Mix avocado, lime juice, salt, cilantro and onion in a bowl, and chill until ready to use
- Grill the salmon to your desired doneness (about 5 minutes grilling)
- Top it with avocado salsa and consume.
20. Avocado and BLT
If you love BLT, adding avocado to it will make you love it even more.
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Avocado (ripe but firm), peeled and sliced
- 6 thick slices of great bread (not those fluffy, gummy ones)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 leaves lettuce (green leaf is okay but you can use your favorite)
- 6 sliced bacon (pepper bacon is okay)
- Toast the bread to the desired doneness
- Build sandwich by adding mayonnaise and layers of lettuce and bacon to one slice of toasted bread
- Top it with another sliced bread and layer with tomato slices and half the avocado.
- Season with pepper and salt, and cover with the last slice of toasted bread.
21. Stuffed avocado burger
Of course, the finished product here looks a bit weird. You are going to love not only its taste but also its flavor.
- 1 tbs sea salt
- 2 lbs beef
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbs black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped with no oil
- 2 avocados, ripe
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat
- Place the ground beef in a big mixing bowl and add the black pepper, the zest of one lemon and 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- Mix together very well and use your hand to form into thin patties all the same size (they should be thin because you will be using two of them to make one patty).
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, avocados, lemon juice and the remaining teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mash your avocado and mix ingredients to your desired smoothness.
- Place the avocado mixture on top of the half of the buggers. Be sure to leave room to seal the bugger without leaking.
- Put the other patty over the top of the mixture and pinch together the edge of the buggers to seal it all the way around.
- Now grill to your liking. 6 to 8 minutes per side is okay. Be sure you cook evenly on both sides of the bugger.
- While you are grilling the bugger, drizzle the burgers with bacon grease to add an excellent flavor.
- When you are through with grilling, allow the bugger to cool for 10 minutes and serve.
22. Avocado pasta
Have you heard about avocado pasta before? Well, you’d be surprised how sweet it tastes.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ cup canned corn kernels drained and rinsed
- Cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to your taste
- In a big pot of boiling water, cook pasta based on its cooking instruction: drain well.
- Make the avocado sauce by combining avocados, lemon juice, garlic and basil in the bowl of a food processor. Season with pepper and salt, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil slowly until emulsified and set aside.
- Combine pasta, corn, cherry tomatoes, and avocado sauce, in a large bowl.
23. Chicken avocado burger
The chicken burger is excellent. The chicken sandwich is great already but adding avocado will make it even more delicious and satisfying.
- ¼ tbs pepper
- Pound ground chicken
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- ¼ tbs salt
- Large ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 minced Poblano or Jalapeno pepper
- 1/3cup Panko crumbs or Almond Meal
- Put all ingredients into a big bowl and toss gently.
- Shape into your desired size patties and grill.
24. Avocado soup and chicken
Eating chicken soup is not new to most of us, but you can spice it up with avocado.
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- Cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 to ½ cups scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lime wedges
- Fresh pepper and salt to taste
- Pinch chipotle chile powder
- Pinch cumin
- 1/3 cilantro, finely chopped
- Small ripe Hass avocados, diced
- Tomato, diced
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add 1 cup of garlic and scallions
- Sauté for about 2 minutes and then add tomatoes. Sauté for another minute, until it is soft.
- Add chicken stock, chile powder, and cumin, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer, cover on low for 15 to 20minutes
- In 4 separate bowls, fill each of them with ½ cup chicken, cilantro, ½ avocado, and the remaining scallions. Ladle 1 cup of chicken broth over the chicken and serve it with a lime wedge.
25. Deviled eggs and guacamole
Have you ever tried filling your deviled eggs with avocado? You will not only enjoy the deliciousness of this deviled eggs and guacamole but also its nutrition content.
- Medium avocado
- 12 eggs, hard boiled
- Teaspoon minced red onion
- Juice from ½ lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro and more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon diced tomato
- Peel all the hard boiled eggs and cut them into half lengthwise. Add 2 of the egg yolks to a medium bowl and discard the remaining yolks. Add avocado and mash with a potato masher or fork. Stir lime juice, cilantro, pepper, salt, red onion, and tomato in gently. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place egg halves on a platter and scoop guacamole into each half evenly. Sprinkle with a little additional chopped cilantro and serve it.
26. Avocado cream
Here is how to make avocado cream to use for topping instead of guacamole.
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Pinch chili powder
- Coarse salt
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice – or two limes
- Jalapenos, ribs, and seeds removed – chopped finely
- Lightly smash lime juice, avocados, chili powder, and ½ teaspoon salt together with a potato masher or fork in a medium bowl.
- Fold in sour cream and jalapenos
- Season with more salt and serve.
27. Avocado toast
This is another simple one. If you are looking for a nutrient-rich toast, why not try avocado toast?
- Pepper and salt
- Whole wheat or grain bread, as you wish
- 1 avocado
- Olive oil
- Toast the bread and drizzle olive oil over it
- Smash the avocado on it
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt
28. Avocado and grapefruit salad with edamame
Not only is this salad sweet, but it is also healthy, salty and a little tangy. Not only that; adding pistachios on top will give it a crunchy texture.
- ¼ avocado, chopped
- 2 to 3 cups watercress, large stems trimmed
- Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin oil
- Tablespoons unsalted shelled raw pistachios
- ½ cup frozen edamame, cooked based on the manufacture’s direction
- Pink grapefruit, pitted, peeled and cut into segments.
- Toss together edamame, lemon juice, watercress, avocado, oil and grapefruit in a medium bowl. Top with pistachios. Serve.
Avocado is not only nutritious but also healthy, makes you feel full quickly and good for weight loss. If you are yet to incorporate avocados into your meal, this guide provides you with the best way to enjoy avocado.
Remember that avocado offers lots of health benefits, which is why you should be eating avocados regularly. Aside from avocado, there are also several healthy fats foods you can enjoy and gain your desired body shape.
Don’t forget to plant avocado seeds instead of throwing them away. That way, you will be able to enjoy more avocados and live a healthy life.